Critical Reflection of the module

Module Learning

Before attending this module, I had always perceived that a language module would be lame and boring as thinking I have to write essays and do reports makes me hate it so much. However, after attending Professor Blackstone's class, I enjoyed my time in the class as I discovered that there is more to this module. For example, through these few months of attending the class, I found out that there are not only writing and writing but there are also oral communication skills out there for us to practise our vocal skills and communication skills which I find very important to real-world context. On a daily basis, one needs to communicate with one another, without the proper skill set of communication and presentation skills which I have learned, it will be hard in the future. This module allows us to have a better preparation of going to a work interview and writing a formal letter or report to someone higher position than us.

What makes the class interesting is Professor Blackstone, He is very kind, funny, knowledgeable, and professional in his work. Most importantly he knows what is best for the student by providing constructive feedback. He would go the extra mile to look at individual works and give each and every one of us feedback on it. Not only the good feedback but also the negative feedback so we can better improve ourselves. 

I like his teaching method of calling out names to read the content of the module this not only catches the students' attention but also gives them a chance to work on vocals, pronouncing words and the confidence level of the student. These little details I notice actually show how I like his class in the way he speaks and portrays a good professor model in my eyes.

Project Learning

For our team's research project, my main task was to think of ideas for our team's implementation of the smart cart. How our smart cart can be different from other companies. During our ideation process, we had a small hiccup as everyone's ideas did not align but with consecutive discussions with my teams, we were able to come out with an idea and work towards it. 

I am happy with my teammates as they were very understanding of each other and were willing to listen and discuss with one another and not shut each other down with negative comments. Everyone works hard and well with one another to finish the report together. Everyone compromised with each other schedule to complete the project.  We also work hard in thinking of possible questions for the audience to ask us so that we can do well in our presentation. During our presentation, we did not fight to answer those questions that were imposed on us as each part was catered to nicely prior to what individually had research on. 

Lastly, I hope that what I have learned won't go to waste as it can be used in future modules and in future workplace. 


Comments

  1. Thanks a million, Skylar, for the detailed reflection, for all your hard work and for buying into my approach to teachig the module. The whole class missed you on the last lesson.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Self-Introduction letter

Interpretation of Quotation

Our research pathway on the product topic (Group Robin and Skylar)